The latest dental technology and 30 years of experience means we are skilled at handling all emergencies including toothache, gum ache, denture repairs, broken or chipped teeth and painful wisdom teeth.
Relief is only a call or click away.
For after-hours contact, complete the Emergency eForm. This eForm service is monitored regularly – in most cases we will respond without delay.
- The TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) is the joint that connects the lower jaw to the skull. It is found just in front of your ear.
- The joint has a small cushioning disc between the two bones. This disc allows sideways and forward movement and when damaged or displaced it can be an important factor in the pain process.
- Pain and functional issues linked to the TMJ and its associated muscles are referred to as TMD (Temporomandibular disorders).
- If the muscles spasm, you can be left with your jaw locked in an open or closed position. This can be particularly disconcerting and painful.
- If you suspect TMD related pain, please contact us immediately. The more you wait, the more difficult it can be to relieve the pain or relax a lock.
Want to Know More?
Would you like any further information about anything you’ve read on this page? Leave your details below and I’ll get back to you shortly.
(Note: I hate spam and I will never use these details for any other reason than to provide you with the information that you seek)